the good and the bad
Tour was crazy and fun!
- Bringing a dog on tour! Albus was a sleepy, cuddly, teddy bear to anyone who was in need of a furry friend.
- Going for a long, long walk through a neighborhood you've never been in before while listening to a new album. Spokane was lovely and Rosi Golan has an amazing voice.
- Enjoying new scenery. I love the tall pines and green, green, landscape that I am not used to.
- Playing at Mississippi Studios in Portland, such a cool venue! (Almost as good as Velour in our home town... almost...)
- Listening to Hum play a guitar solo on one of their new songs, Protector. It gave me chills, it was so good.
- Having family make a surprise visit at a show! Me, Stuart, Frank (my long lost second cousin), and my cool Uncle Grady. Thank you for coming!
- Eating at Pine State Biscuits (seriously changed my life!) in Portland, it was worth the 30 minute wait.
- Eating at Paseo and Molly Moon's in Seattle. Drool... drool... drool...
- Listening to (and finishing) Matched, the sequel to Crossed. Silly, fun, entertaining - I liked it.
- Eating at Burger King. N e v e r again.
- Being stuck on a bus with 6 other people who also ate Burger King! N e v e r again!
- Deciding to change your brake drums on your trailer (car repairs are never easy) on a whim the morning of a show in a different city. Eeeek!
- Play at a bar (that shall remain nameless) in Fremont, Seattle that has so many drawings of male genitalia in sharpies in the green room that you feel like you just walked into an 8th grade boys bathroom that hasn't be cleaned in 10 years. Remember, this is a bar, which means this is the fine artwork of 21 + year olds. Makes me feel really proud to be an adult, and also I think I'll need to take a shower.
- Watching your tour van overheat coming through Montana, loosing air conditioning, sitting under the overpass for 2 hours, and not getting home until 5:30 am Monday morning!
- Having blood shot eyes and looking like I actually got hit by the tour bus for the next 24 hours after I came home.
Ohhhh the memories!
>> Hum finished all of his guitar parts for the new album late last night! Yippee! After some final vocal takes next week they'll be ready to start mixing it. Baby steps...
>> I'm laughing really hard about this!
>> I'm also laughing about Rainn Wilson's tweet, and also thrilled that they are FINALLY ending The Office. Who's with me?